Eversdal Primary School,
Stepping Stones, Durbanville
7550

Phone: 021 976 8134
Email:


School Photo

HISTORY

In 1680 Vryburger Evert received the admissible 60 morgan of land from the Company to grow fruit and vegetables.  It is assumed that the Eversdal farm was named after him.

Evert sold his farm, nineteen years later, to Hendrik Ooswalt Eksteen.  He built a fort-like structure that was used as a wine cellar, but it fell into disrepair.  The fissures in the walls where attacking Khoi-Khoi and San were fired on, can still be seen.

Transfer documents from the year 1714 to Eksteen, indicate that the source of the Kuils River is in a well in the cellar of the house.  The original house with its T-shaped design (traditional Cape Dutch) dates from those years.  Ten years later it was sold to Gysbert Verwey and the transfer documents were signed by Ryk Tulbagh, Registrar of Deeds at that time.

Later owners:  1764 Johannes Louw; 1803 Pieter Joosten; 1815 Jacobus Wynand Louw; 1855 Schabort Family (wife of Jacobus Louw)

Since 1973 the original building, owned by the Marais family, has been restored by means of excellent research and building skills and kept in a good condition thereafter.

Sport Huise

PLATINUM SPONSORS
Click on photo for link to
sponsor website.
SITE NAVIGATION
 
Home
Application to School
Calendar
Latest News
Gallery
Blogs
Contact
Sitemap
BLOGS
 
Eversdal General Blog
Headmaster
Curriculum
Grades
Sport
Culture
FOLLOW US
 


CONTACT US
 
Eversdal Primary School,
Stepping Stones, Durbanville

Phone: 021 976 8134
Email:

Website Design by Revenge Designs